Monday, February 21, 2011

Some Berry Pretty Quilts

The first quilt shown was made from donated QAYG blocks. The young lass who made them was only going to make just a few blocks but loved making them so much that she made enough for a whole quilt. It reminds me of a summer parfait with pretty berry colours and it's a very pretty quilt.
The following quilt was made from blocks donated by Ulla of Finland with a few others added to it.
The QAYG sashed with orange was made from a variety of donated blocks from around the world. I know that some of you comment that when you send your blocks they look a bit drab, and I've felt that about some that I've made too. However when they are added to other blocks and the sashing strips are added to join the blocks, the eye is drawn to the sashing and the colours seem to be enhanced. I've yet to see a QAYG quilt that I haven't loved.
I've also been quilting some donated baby quilt tops and they are now done and ready to be donated. The last lovely quilt was donated finished and it has beautiful stitchery and is in soft colours and will be loved by a new Mum.
I'm just waiting to hear about the final arrangements but it looks like I'll be able to send many quilts to Qld next week and that will give me more room for the quilts I'm making this week.
Many thanks for all your lovely donations which are getting finished. I quilted 5 tops yesterday and still have the binding to finish on two of them.
More to follow.
Hugs Jan Mac




3 comments:

  1. You have done an amazing job combining the the blocks from many quilters, and made it look like we had agreed on the colours we use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby quilts look great, you have done a great job with all the QAYG's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind comments friends. Now that New Zealand has had such a tragic earthquake I can see that I'll be making quilts for a long time to come.
    Hugs and thanks Jan Mac

    ReplyDelete