I finished these quilts yesterday and quilted 4 more today so I'll show them when the binding is done. The fishy quilt was a donated odd set of blocks and bit and pieces which I combined for a boy's quilt.
The coloured squares quilt was from donated fabric which I cut into 6" sqs and a work colleague sews them into tops for me. She does a great job at putting together Kid-friendly quilts with lots of colourful kids prints.
The checked top was donated by Sue V from Shepparton and I quilted it. It's ideal for a teenaged boy. Most likely these quilts will go to the Kinglake/Wandong area. The QAYG quilt with the zig-zag setting is the one I also finished yesterday. The last two I've made have had red bindings and I like them but I probably prefer them with the navy binding to really make the strings "pop". I'm working on some blocks which are especially for males, without a floral or pink print to be seen. It's easier to find these strings in my stash than I'd thought.
I'll post more photos as the blocks and quilts arrive.
Post a Comment