Sunday, February 15, 2009

More Quilts




I finished these quilts yesterday and quilted 4 more today so I'll show them when the binding is done. The fishy quilt was a donated odd set of blocks and bit and pieces which I combined for a boy's quilt.
The coloured squares quilt was from donated fabric which I cut into 6" sqs and a work colleague sews them into tops for me. She does a great job at putting together Kid-friendly quilts with lots of colourful kids prints.
The checked top was donated by Sue V from Shepparton and I quilted it. It's ideal for a teenaged boy. Most likely these quilts will go to the Kinglake/Wandong area. The QAYG quilt with the zig-zag setting is the one I also finished yesterday. The last two I've made have had red bindings and I like them but I probably prefer them with the navy binding to really make the strings "pop". I'm working on some blocks which are especially for males, without a floral or pink print to be seen. It's easier to find these strings in my stash than I'd thought.
I'll post more photos as the blocks and quilts arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment