Saturday, January 15, 2011

Three More Finishes

The first quilt shown is the pretty pinks and greens made from blocks donated by Kaite and Coralie from Bathurst. It will be loved by a lady who has lost her home to the floods in Qld. The next quilt was made from QAYG blocks, some donated and some made by me and the last quilt was made today. I had 4 QAYG blocks donated which were larger than the others I had in the pile. I made another 16 today, using a UFO of bright strips which I'd started almost 2 years ago in a class on curved piecing. It will make a lovely bright quilt for a teenager and it's good to have that UFO finished up as well as a bag of bright scraps that I'd saved. I also made some more QAYG blocks 10.5" square and plan to make more tomorrow so I can build the pile of blocks up again and have plenty to select from when I put another quilt together. Thank you all for you interest and support and for helping to spread the word about making and donating QAYG blocks. I chose them when I was making quilts for the Victorian bush fire survivors as it is an easy way for people to use up scraps and an easy way for me to get quilts finished and out to the people who need them. It also is a huge saving for me as I don't have to buy a lot of batting to finish off tops. I will still accept tops though if you prefer to donate them and I'll quilt them and donate them on your behalf.
Time for a break now,
More to come, Jan Mac

1 comment:

  1. hi Jan, that first quilt of ours has turned out well, a very comfortable lady's quilt. I've just posted also
    http://kaiteyarngarden.blogspot.com/2011/01/queensland-floods-comfort-quilts-drive.html
    and we've finished the second batch of quilt blocks today. I'll cut up the binding strips tomorrow and put a pocket on a Landcare bag ready to mail to you Monday. cheers, kaite

    ReplyDelete