Saturday, January 22, 2011

Five Finished Today

Today was a productive day and I have five finished quilts to show.
The first photo shows a set of donated blocks I put together into a top and I quilted and bound it today.
The next quilt was a donated top and it is really pretty in pinks and greens. It's a disappearing 9 patch pattern and very effective.
The following two photos are of donated tops that I quilted and the colours are much better in real life than in the photos.
The last quilt I showed in two photos to show how the lack of light makes it look much darker than it is. It was a set of QAYG blocks made to 15.5" square and I took less than an hour to finish it off. It is a very pretty quilt in various shades of purple with a few other colours on some of the fabric.
They will all be on their way to Queensland this coming week and are sure to bring some comfort when they are given to their new owners.
I think tomorrow will be the day for making some more QAYG blocks before I go to my paid job.
Take care, Jan Mac




4 comments:

  1. Jan you are incredible-I sent those blocks to you on Wednesday afternoon-you received them on Friday and the quilt is finished today Saturday.
    Well done.
    I am glad to be part of this wonderful job that you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doreen is right, Jan your machine must run red hot. Those purple blocks look wonderful.
    Dee S. gave me some brights strips today so we'll get on and make up a few more blocks tomorrow in brights. cheers, k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only must your machine run red hot, but you must run on batteries as well! Please take care of yourself too, not only others. You are doing such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, I found you on Doreen's blog. I mess around with patchwork blocks, but I'm more of a stitcher than a quilter, and I'm SLOW, so I won't be of any use to you, but I just wanted to leave a comment to express my admiration for you. You must be a very generous and caring lady to do all this. Indeed you are one of many, because as I said to Doreen, quilters and crafters always come to the fore in times of need.

    ReplyDelete