Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Christmas Rush

 There's only 3 weeks until Christmas and I'm trying to get a few more quilts finished so I can donate more quilts to the needy. The first two quilts were donated tops and they also had backings included with them which made it very easy to get them finished.
  The QAYG quilt was again made from donated blocks and I've also been adding to my pile of QAYG blocks by using up the donated fabric strips that generous quilters have been sending. I think I have almost made up all the QAYG blocks I have on hand so plan to spend some time on making some more when time is too short to pin and quilt a top.
  The last quilt shown was donated as partially completed blocks and it's good to have another donated UFO done so it can be donated and appreciated by its new owner.
  Hopefully there will be a few more completions to show very soon, despite being busy with more paid work in the coming weeks. Unfortunately it's all night shift again, apart from an evening shift tomorrow so making QAYG blocks may be all I can fit in between work and sleep. It all helps to get quilts made quickly when I have a pile of blocks to work with.
Thanks for stopping by again. Is anyone else getting some last minute sewing done for Christmas too?
Hugs, Jan Mac



No comments:

Post a Comment