Sunday, May 22, 2011

Quilt As you Go with a Difference

I love all the different variations of QAYG and I how they can are a great way to use up scraps and strings. This morning I've been packing boxes of quilts ready to send them off to Qld as well as sorting through the piles of quilts for Rochester in Vic.
I've been working on completing more QAYG quilts too and the first one shown is a variation and was made by the Sussex Neighbourhood House (Vic) and sent by Vireya Jacquard. I love the stained glass effect with the black sashing and the use of colour to define the blocks and it is a lovely vibrant quilt.
The second quilt was made for a teenaged boy as they often want a quilt without a floral theme and I try to make quite a few of them so the boys can choose a quilt they like as well.
Hopefully the quilts will brighten up the beds of their new owners and keep them warm too.
Hugs, Jan Mac

3 comments:

  1. Vireya's community quilt is a beauty, very vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much beauty being spread around... you are working up some really good Karma! God bless you and your suppliers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, I love the way my blocks look all put together. Thank you! I am so happy to see one of my UFOs doing someone some good instead of sitting around my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete