Friday, February 5, 2010

Not Done Yet



Last post I said that we were getting close to finishing the quilt drive for the people affected by the bush fires. I received a phone call this week to say that more quilts were needed in the Kinglake and Marysville areas as people who lost their homes are now returning to the area to rebuild and they would love a quilt.
Luckily I knew that I would need more quilts but just not how many will be needed. I have some quilts here already to go and have been busy getting more finished.
Today I quilted 4 tops and I'll post photos of them as soon as the binding is done. So if you donated a top keep an eye out as I am working my way through them and donating them as intended. Unfortunately I don't know who donated all of them, although some are named and tagged, others aren't. So if you see one you sent me to finish off then please let me know and I'll add your name to it before I take it down to Kinglake.
As it is almost 12 months since the bush fires, and the media are re-visiting the areas to talk with people, the memories of the events are still fresh and I'm sure the quilts will bring some comfort, even though it's taken time for all who need one to receive a quilt.
More to come. Jan Mac

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan,
    Are you still donating quilts to Toodyay (WA)? My mum who lives in Perth has finished quilts to donate so would you like her to donate them to your contact in WA or send them through to you?
    Thanks for your great work in making quilts for all the bush-fire survivors.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete