Saturday, January 9, 2010

Progress for 2010

I received more beautiful QAYG blocks from Amanda Greenwood in New Zealand and they will make 2 lovely quilts to donate. I also received a beautiful QAYG quilt from Elvira Richardson and The Goolwa Girls in Sth Australia. and that is the second quilt shown here. The other quilt was one I put together from donated QAYG blocks.
Today I also received a large box of fabric for tote bags as well as some very pretty fabric, from Margaret Attrill (NSW). I plan to make tote bags and pillowcases to donate next, as well as finishing more quilts for areas devastated by the earthquakes recently.
Check out my other blog too at http://www.sewmanyquiltstoolittletime.blogspot.com for details about an award from Sew Mama Sew's blog. I'm always surprised when I hear about people acknowledging the quilts etc I've donated as I've been doing this for over 15 years or more, and only mention it to encourage others to donate their time and talents too. Hopefully we can make a small difference in someone's life.
Hugs and many thanks, Jan Mac

3 comments:

  1. All beautiful Jan and I am sure they will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY glad they arrived - I have had my fingers crossed that they would arrive, so I am glad that they have. amandajg@inspire.net.nz

    ReplyDelete
  3. simply wonderful Jan. I am itching to do some of those fabulous squares myself this year.

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete