Friday, April 1, 2011

Quilts Leaving Soon

It was lovely to take a break and catch up with my quilting friends but I'm now enjoying getting more quilts finished and donated. The first two QAYG quilts I finished yesterday and the next quilt was a donated top which just needed quilting and binding. I also received the next quilt from a member of AQA and the last quilt shown was from Lesley Lowe from Kyabram (Vic).
I have almost finished another larger QAYG quilt and then plan to finish quilting some more donated tops. Where the quilts are sent depends on the donor's request or the thickness of the batting. These quilts will be going to Emerald (Qld). Check out my other blog for recent donations and comment on my question if you want to share your thoughts.
I received some lovely donations of money to help with costs of the quilts and I posted off another 5 quilts to Cat for Christchurch NZ yesterday. Unfortunately the previous arrangements for shipping to NZ have fallen through so I'll be posting the quilts using donations, to make sure they reach New Zealand and can bring comfort to those who have lost so much in their recent earthquake.
Hugs Jan Mac



No comments:

Post a Comment