Thursday, June 2, 2011

Quilts Donated


These beautiful quilts were made and donated by Kyvalley Quilters (Vic) and delivered by Lesley Lowe this week. They are lovely kid's quilts and will soon be on their way to Qld for kids who have been displaced by the floods. Lesley very kindly delivered the quilts to Rochester for me this week and I had a lovely letter of thanks from the community house as well as an email from Kaye who is helping to distribute them. The people who receive them are very grateful for their warmth and will treasure them.
I also received a lovely letter from a lady in Theodore (Qld) who received one of the quilts some weeks ago, after the flooding of their town.
I now have plenty of QAYG squares and tops to work with as well as knitting yarn for beanies and scarves so I'm requesting no more donations other than finished items please, until I have time to catch up with some of the works in progress. Many thanks for all your help.
Hugs, Jan Mac


2 comments:

  1. You are doing a fantastic job and I love seeing what people have donated and you've made ::))

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job Jan, you and DH must be feeling a bit submerged under all the donations, definately time to work thru what you've got already.

    ReplyDelete