Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Love QAYG Quilts

The photos aren't that great but a cloudy day meant not enough natural light to show the quilts. I made these yesterday and today and have another almost finished and ready to post off. I was given a roll of fabric which I think had problems with the fabric dying as it's a shaded fabric but the pattern doesn't seem to be consistent so it's not that attractive. However it does very well as the sashing strips and binding for these quilts and it's very easy using the same fabric as I don't have to change the thread colours either.
I really love working with all the donated QAYG blocks as it's a very quick way for me to make quilts and allows all the donors to use up some surplus scraps. As soon as I get a few more made I'll be ready to accept more blocks again. If you don't want to hold onto them you can send them now as the numbers are moving down in the box of squares.
I'll be sending off more boxes of quilts very soon which will make room for more finishes.
Hugs, Jan Mac

2 comments:

  1. To my mind that shashing fabric is perfect for those kinds of quilts. Looks great! You did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC - I'm taking 4 quilts down to Christchurch with me tomorrow

    ReplyDelete