Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Quilts from Donated QAYG blocks

These are the quilts I've finished in the last week and the last photo is of a donated quilt from SA. The QAYG blocks have been a huge help with getting queen sized quilts made as well as quilts specially for older boys. Many thanks to all of you for your donations and I still need to put more together as it's getting colder here and the quilts will be going out much more quickly now that people are more ready to accept them.
Hugs Jan Mac






3 comments:

  1. The QAYG blocks make up into wonderful quilts, well done (again!). And the Goldfields quilts are a fantastic mixture. It is amazing what happens when we all do a little bit, isn't it.
    Hugs,
    Jas

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've done a marvellous job Jan and they look fabulous. The chintz one from SA is truly beautiful, tugs at my heart strings a tiny bit.
    Let me know when you've assembled the Goth one, won't you. Well done, K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan
    thank you so much for visiting my blog. I was hoping you would as I didnt know much about you. It was so lovely to see what you have done for these communities and my son, who is studying photography, wanted to photograph these gorgeous quilts with the kids. The pictures speak for themselves. I think that we should acknowledge those who put so much time into making these quilts, I know as I am a quilter too! We have friends in Kinglake who really do appreciate what you have done for them.

    Take care, Cathyx

    ReplyDelete