Friday, January 29, 2010

More Action

Last week I received 2 beautiful pink tops from Wendy Evans in WA and I've shown one here. I'll post photos of both when I get them quilted. I also finsihed off the other tops shown here and they will most likely be donated to areas devastated by earthquakes recently. The simple squares make up quickly and are a good way to use up lots of dressmaking scraps too.
I've also been busy measuring tops and making backings to fit them so I plan to get more done as soon as possible. There's always a need for quilts and there's no point in keeping too many here.
I also spoke with one of my contacts at Kinglake yesterday and she said that she has enough quilts to hand out at the moment. We think that everyone who lost their home last Feb has received a quilt now if they've stayed in the area. However we still need to follow up with those who have moved elsewhere. I know that some people have accepted quilts on their friend's behalf if they had moved away, and they are getting the quilts to them. I will keep making quilts though so I can supply more if needed.
I also have a couple of quilts ready to send over to Western Australia for the people who lost their homes in the Toodyay fire and will post them after the weekend.
All for now, Hugs Jan Mac



No comments:

Post a Comment