Monday, February 8, 2010

More Quilts Finished

These tops were donated and now that I've quilted them they will be donated to Kinglake. The first is very pretty and looks like oriental-type fabric and was made by the Alice Springs quilters. The second quilt is a scrappy one but I don't know who donated it. The next top was donated by Dee Biggerstaff from WA I think and the last one may be from Coleamblly in NSW.
I had said that I would send a couple of quilts to the people who lost their homes in Toodyay, WA but as the people of Kinglake have asked for more quilts I need to honour their request at the moment.
I received an email from Heather in WA offering a quilt for the WA fire appeal, instead of me posting some over to WA, so Heather if you email me at janmac@mcmedia.com.au we'll be able to make arrangements.
Once again thanks to so many generous donations we've been able to give a warm hug to those who need it. It's so hot at the moment though that they want the quilts as a tangible memory of our support rather than for their warmth.
Hugs Jan Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment