Sunday, March 1, 2009

End of Week 3




I've been away at the Australasian Quilt Convention and now I'm catching up again at home. It was good timing to go to Melbourne as I stopped off on the way and took down 17 quilts for the Kinglake and Wandong areas. I drove back through the areas bordering where the fires ripped through and the burnt areas are much larger than I had imagined. The fire even jumped across a 4 lane highway and it must have been frightening for anyone near there.
I had many parcels and boxes of tops, blocks and QAYG blocks waiting for me when I arrived home and I'll post more details later.
The top two quilts were made and donated by Sharyn C. of Numurkah. She had invited me to speak about my trip to Timor to her craft group and I showed them how to make the QAYG blocks. One lady went home and made 17 that afternoon, so it looks like I've created a new passion there. The teddies were donated by Bettine L. from WA and the other top was a donated one which I quilted. They have all gone to the families in the Kinglake area as have the previous quilts on the last post.
Keep up the good work everyone.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete