Monday, May 13, 2013

I'm Still Here

 Thank you all for your kind words and support. I have received several requests to keep this blog going so I'll continue to show the quilts I finish which will be donated. I finished two more QAYG quilts today as well as one on the weekend. I also quilted the donated top. It was a large medallion quilt top and I received several of these. They have sat in the pile waiting to be quilted but they were all too large for the groups I'm supporting now. Therefore I have started to de-construct them so that they are no larger than 50" by 70" in size as that is the most useful for them. I'm using the leftover bits and pieces to make more tops or they will be used to piece backing.
  As you can see I am still busy with the donation quilting. I guess that then only difference is that I'm not taking donations now so I can focus on getting some of my UFOs finished- a lot of those will most likely be donated too and it gives me a chance to work on some of my own projects. I have promised 35 quilts to a group which runs camps for abused and neglected children and I want to get them finished before we head off on our travels again in a few weeks time.
   Thanks for stopping by again.
Hugs, Jan Mac



3 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,
    I have just caught up with your blog, and wish to add my best wishes for your less chaotic quilting times! I've only been a small part in Oz Comfort quilts too, but it has been a valuable experience for me, and I'm grateful to you for those opportunities to help the needy. The readers of your blog should nominate you for an Australia Day Award, as you have quietly beavered away for a few years helping so many people.
    I'll continue to visit your blogs and see how you are going; and maybe when you are in Melbourne some time we might be able to meet up??
    [[Hugs}}
    Gina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge hug for you Jan for all your great work..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an amazing and selfless woman, Jan!

    ReplyDelete