Friday, May 25, 2012

A Selection of Quilts

 Yesterday was very wet and cold so it was a lovely day for quilting and I put together a set of donated QAYG blocks as well as finishing off a top of string pieced blocks without batting. I then quilted the top and used fleecy fabric for the backing as the top was heavy enough without a batting. Kaite M. (NSW) this is the set you sent me from your donations of finished blocks
  I also bound the remaining 3 quilts so I could send them off to their new homes. Lesley L. from Kyabram was very kind to meet me in the rain and hand over more wonderful donated tops as well as some finished quilts. She also took all the accumulated boxes to pass them on to a family member who will transport them to Needy Stitches in Melbourne for distribution.
 Thanks too all of your generous donations more people will be warm this winter and our cold weather has already started here so I plan to get more quilts finished ASAP.
Stay warm everyone.
Hugs, Jan Mac




No comments:

Post a Comment