Sunday, May 16, 2010

More Donated Quilts

I've had a very busy time with my travels for the last month and it has been lots of fun as well as keeping me busy as they all involved quilting events. We had our Southern Cross Quilter's retreat last week and Stephanie D from WA and Ros B. from NSW donated their challenge quilts made from flannel shirts. The quilts were very imaginative and will warm people wherever they end up. These were donated and will go to either the bush fire areas or East Timor.
The Dimboola quilters have again been very busy and have sent many quilts to be donated to East Timor. So far I've packed 52 and I think there's a few more to be packed for the next shipment. The photo shows just one of these lovely utility quilts and the ladies have been very generous to make so many quilts for others.
I have more photos to show soon.
Cheers, Jan Mac


No comments:

Post a Comment